Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

We got our package back today and it was rejected because of…

We got our package...

We got our package back today and it was rejected because of incorrect fees. So now can you help is resubmit this time in the correct format with the correct fees? I also want to make sure nothing else is missing.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We are talking about immigration adjustment of status

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Federal not state We need to know he exact fees

3/10/2018
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

Did you file any I-130 or I-140 with the AOS= adjustment of status?

We do offer review services at an additional fee.

Judith

There is no 130 or 140 to be filed with the AOS

What was the basis for the AOS? It had to be based on something?

Judith

It was a fiancé visa
We had applied AOS last month and we got documents back from UCSIS because of incorrect fees . There was my wife and 2 kids under 14 ages in the application . So there are 2 questions : 1.how much corrected fee and question 2 : if my wife needs go back to Vietnam next month that can she submit from I-131 travel document in person at UCSIS office next week ? And do we need to pay extra fee for I- 131 form seperated to the AOS package ( I-485 package ) . Thanks
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So your spouse came into the U.S. using a K-1, her children on K-2, and you married within the 90 day period after her entry?

We are married now yes within 90 days. Her two children are still in Vietnam and we need to go back and get them. Their visas expire in May.

You mean that they did not use the K-2 visas to enter, or that they did use the K-2 visas to enter but you sent them back? Why would you do that?

They did not enter yet. My wife came in the K1 first and she was planning on getting the travel document before their visas expire
My question is that:can my wife applies travel document ( form I-131) separate at USCIS office in person or just submit it together with AOS package ( form I-485) and wait USCIS accept it ? Then our children K2 visa will be expired on Apr 30 and they can not enter in US in time

Why don't the children use their K-2 visas to come into the U.S. before April 30th?

Children at 6-9ages could not go abroad without adults . You still havent answer our questions for the fees and if we can apply travel document in person at UCSIS office . So your service was not helpful . We did re-apply AOS again this morning with fees as $2,725 . is it correct ? so could we set another appointment at near by USCIS office for form I-131 as soon as possible or waiting AOS 's reply?

My service has not been helpful YET because I have not given you an actual answer. Do you go to the doctor with a malady and expect the doctor to not ask you questions about the malady and such? I would think not. So I need to ask questions about our situation to make sure that you aren't committing some error that could make matters worse. If you are willing to let me know my job, I think I can help you. Are you ok with that? I mean it's not like you are charged per question, per response, or per answer.

I think we have it figured out. We got the fees squared away. Now it is a matter of who will bring the kids over before ththeir visas expire. My wife came first because we were not ready for the kids to come at the same time as her. Now we are in a bind because the visas are about to expire and there is really no way to get her advanced parole travel document fast. The federal government is extremely inefficient at the expense of its customers (citizens). We are trying to get per parents to bring the kids over unless there is some way to expedite the advanced parole document.

There is, but it is not easy. Here are two links on how to do it:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume1-PartA-Chapter12.html

So submit the I-131 as quickly as possible and provide the evidence of the urgency.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.