Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have two children that are relatives stuck in Cebu

I have two children...

I have two children that are relatives stuck in Cebu Philppines in terrible living conditions both parents are in jail and have been for 5 yrs. I want them to come and live with me here in Montana. Their dad was born in the US. They were born in the Philippines. How can I get them here ASAp they are only 11 and 12 yrs old. Is there some kind of emergency service that can help get them here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No can not really afford one fixed income

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are staying in a rat infested room with a half sister and her baby and boy friend have hardly any food and clothes and are afraid of the rats. They are just scared kids who need help.

3/10/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

How many years did their dad live in the US and what years?

born here in 1966 and his mother moved him to Germany in 1970

And he never came back to live to the US?

no. but he was born here, doesn't that make him a citizen? My brother was a citizen serving in the military. Its the kids I want to know how to get the up here with me asap. can't the ask for asylum or protection from the US to get out of that country before something bad happens to them. Must be some way to help them, they are just kids.

I'm afraid I won't have great news or you on this. There is no easy route for them to come. I hope you can understand that I don't make the laws and I can't change them. All I can do is explain them to you.

Yes, the dad is a citizen but it does not make his children citizens unfortunately.

And unfortunately a person cannot ask for asylum while being outside the US.

One choice you have is to go to the Philippines and adopt them. You can find more information here http://childrenofallnations.com/adoption-programs/asia/philippines-relative-adoption/

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney