Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a US citizen that I applied for my passport three times…

I am a US...

I am a US citizen that I applied for my passport three times over a course of five years and been denied they say they cannot properly identify me I need help to attain how to get a passport

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Trying to find legal aid assistance cannot afford a high attorney fee

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have sent every required documents they had asked for on numerous occasions I cannot get any help over a phone line they told me to be able to walk in I have to be traveling within 2 weeks.
3/10/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Where are you applying for the passport? Do you have a birth certificate, driver’s license, and social security card?

Where do you live? I have had my best experiences getting my passport at either a post office or city hall? If you tell me where you live, I will do some research for you. What do they claim that they are missing in order to ID you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm postal service at the post office in California yes I have a birth certificate social security card and California driver's license I reside in San Bernardino California I'm not missing any documents every documents they asked me for I give them High School clam strips children's birth certificate social security card siblings names birthdates Etc I have not missed giving him any forms they requested.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also when I ask them what parts did they cannot properly identify me they responded was they could not tell me that information so I asked them to how can I correct or get the problem resolved they just sent me the same forms over and over again and request the same documents over and over again and I sent them over and over again

Go to this website and make an appointment at city hall: http://www.sbcity.org/cityhall/city_clerk/passports/default.asp

When you talk to them, explain what happened at the post office and ask them to confirm that the identification that you plan to bring is sufficient. If you can, please get the name of the person that you talked to. In my experience, the clerks at city hall welcome the opportunity to process passport applications. I think that you are helping them to meet a quota.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young