Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am here on F1 visa and I got my passport damaged. F1

Customer Question
I am here on...

I am here on F1 visa and I got my passport damaged

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

F1

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have question other also with that I also traveled India last year in December and arrived to JFK airport. I also don't have the passport entry stamp photo copy. Is it possible that I can get that them again? and also I am graduating in August this year. So, is it gonna create any problem in OPT application if I don't have passport entry stamp.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

No your damaged passport is not going to be an issue with you obtaining your OPT.

Your entry is preserved in the electronic arrival departure records of the Customs and Border Patrol. USCIS does not rely on admit stamps any longer but on the official arrival records systerm

You can click on the History box and print out the official record as evidence of your lawful entry last December

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

If you are going to get a new passport from your embassy make sure to make a copy of the entire damaged passport. At some point you may need it as that passport number is ***** number in your official arrivals records.

No you cannot get JFK or any other port of entry to put new stamps in our passport.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Judith

Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer