Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

James/ -------------------------------------------- I wanted…

For Judith/James/***** ***** -------------------------------------------- I wanted to...
For Judith/James/***** *****
--------------------------------------------
I wanted to know the break up of the fee of H1 application.1. USCIS fee
2. Premium processing fee
3. Attorney fee
4. Any other fee
3/9/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello again! Thanks for requesting my assistance. Please give me a moment to review this and then to prepare a response.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER:

USCIS FEES:

I-129 & supplement filing fee: $325

ACWIA fee (more than 25 employees): $1500

ACWIA fee (25 or less employees): $750

Fraud Prevention Fee: $500

• Employers seeking initial H-1B nonimmigrant status for a foreign worker
  • Employers seeking approval for a foreign worker already in H-1B nonimmigrant status to change employers, including petitions requesting new concurrent employment
    • Exceptions to this fee:
      • An institution of higher education as defined in section 101(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965;
      • A nonprofit entity that is related to or affiliated with an institution of higher education, as defined in section 101(a) of the Higher Education Act of 1965;
      • A nonprofit research organization or governmental research organization;
      • A primary or secondary educational institution; or
      • A nonprofit entity which engages in an established curriculum-related clinical training program for students.

Fee for employers of 50 or more employees, if more than 50% of employees are on H1B: $4000

Premium processing is not requires. If the employer chooses to file with Premium, it's $1225.

Attorneys' fees vary by attorney.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

how much is total James.

That depends. You've not provided me with the information to be able to make that calculation for you. I need to know what kind of employer it is, how many employees in the US, how many of them already are H1B employees, whether this employee is a first time H1B seeker or she is changing employers, etc.

The employer has 100 employees.
More than 50 are H1B holders.
The employee is not 1st time H1B seeker.
Employer has its own internal projects in software field.
Hi James, any further prediction based on my latest answer.

Sorry for the delay. I was away when you responded. Apologies for any inconvenience. Please do not forget that rating.

ANSWER: Based on my understanding of what you've told me, it looks like the total government filing fees will be between $5,825 to $6,325. I have given a range with a $500 difference because the employers will be required to pay the $500 Fraud Prevention Fee for some employees but not for others. Again, if this is an initial H1B petition for this employee by this employer (including employees transferring to this employer), then the $500 applies.

Add $1225 for Premium Processing, for a total of $7050 to $7550.

Attorneys fees are different, as I said. There is no way for me to predict how much an attorney will charge you.

I hope that answers your questions.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer