Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am from Nepal and we( both husband and wife )had paper…

Customer Question
I am from Nepal and...
I am from Nepal and we( both husband and wife )had paper based passport but couple of years ago government changed the passport to MRP. Now I have 2 passports with 2 different passport number. Should I give number of old passport that I used to come in to US or the new one while answering question no. 47 and in I 130?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: You should provide the information from the most recently issued, valid passport

You can provide a copy of the old one, and include an explanation as to why you are providing them both, to make sure there is no confusion.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help?

Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer