Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My fiancee is having trouble getting a correct birth

Customer Question
My fiancee is having...

My fiancee is having trouble getting a correct birth certificate in the Philippines. The middle name is ***** ***** a blurry copy. If I talked to a congressman could they help with this. Its been going for about 7 months

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No I havent yet but will do it soon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No She is trying to get hold of a lawyer over there

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I cant think of anything else

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/9/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 4 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this. You mean a US Congressman? Not likely. They help their constituents, meaning that they can help YOU get your records from the US government. They likely cannot help a foreign person, even if he is your fiance. The Congressman has no real pull in the Philippine government.

What your fiance wants to do is to contact his representative(s) in The Philippines (in the locality where he used to live or lives now), who may be able to help him.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.