Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can I change the date on my Birth Certificate? I was born in…

Can I change the...

Can I change the date on my Birth Certificate?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I was born in Puerto Rico, I live in New Jersey.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was baptized on November 9, 1953 Born on November 3, 1953.

3/9/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

My father registered me on March 6 1954

You will need to call the department of vital statistics in Puerto Rico to inquire about changing it. It cannot be done in the US. It can only be done there but perhaps it can be done by mail. Contact them https://www.vitalchek.com/vital-records/puerto-rico/puerto-rico-department-of-health

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

--------

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney