Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Or ------------------------------------- Judith/, My friend…

For Judith or ***** ***** ------------------------------------- Greetings...
For Judith or ***** *****
-------------------------------------
Greetings Judith/Edward,My friend who is staying in India, has got an interview call from USA. She holds a B1/B2 visa and wants to know if she can travel to USA for an interview on B1/B2 or not.Please reply as she is flying tomorrow.Regards,
James, can answer this as well.
3/9/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
she can travel to the US on a visitor visa for an interview. Note, however, that an officer can presume that she will not return since she is going for an interview; it would be wise for her to be ready to explain and show her ties to her home country in order to satisfy an inquisitive officer that she is really using the visitor visa to visit, and not as a way to circumvent the visa to get into the US and change status to work.I hope that answers your questions. Please do not forget that positive rating now.Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer