Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My son is a US Citizen, living and working in Virgina. I…

My son is a...

My son is a US Citizen, living and working in Virgina. I need an immigration officer who would assist my son in submitting an I-130 parent sponsorship for me as his father

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I used to live in the USA and had a working permit (Social Security Card) and a green card that expired in 2007, yet due to financial crisis in 1999, I left the USA back to Saudi Arabia in 2001, where I still live now and I got re-married and have now 4 children

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Thanks, sure...

JustAnswer provides general legal information only, and per site policy the experts here are not able to retain clients through the site, so we cannot persoanlly represent you in your immigration case but I can help answer any questions you might have with regards ***** ***** petition or the immigration process.

I can also let you know how your son can obtain a reputable immigration attorney that can assist him with preparing the forms for your petition.

He can use the American Immigration Lawyers Association to find a lawyer in his area.

Here's the link:

www.ailalawyer.org/

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

I need to know first, I understand that with my son submittal of the I-130, there is a financial support affidavit required to be confirmed, my question is how much is the minimum amount needed that my son needs to be obliged to, as financial support with his I-130 to be accepted

That number varies depending on the amount of people in his household.

Does he live alone, or does he have a family? If so, can you tell me how many people are in his household?

Then I can let you know the exact amount of income he needs in order to financially sponsor you (USCIS Form I-864). Thanks!

Do you mean the number of my family, as the father and dependents, who will be sponsored by my son? or do you mean my son who is sponsoring me as his parent, as my son is not married yet.

I'm referring to the number of people that lives in his household currently that are his dependents or who he financially supports -- that means not friends that are roommates, etc.

He lived alone and has no household members, as he is not married

Thanks. In that case the income requirement he needs to sponsor you is $20,600 annually.

See:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I hope that helps! Let me know if you still have any questions about this.

Don't forget to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your question, thanks!

Nisha Jones

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!