Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need to ask about my N-400 application to a lawyer. I dont…

I need to ask...

I need to ask about my N-400 application to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont want the trail version I just want one question to be answered and I want to pay based on one time basis

Lawyer's Assistant: You have to pay for your first question. If you sign up for a membership, there is a free trial for questions after that.

Ok

3/9/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had my N-400 interview on Feb2nd and my interview went well and the officer said that I passed my interview.I was asked to provide two photos and until them my application will be "Decision yet to be taken" is what he told me .I provided the photos the same day .However he had asked a few questions about my earlier marriage and how I got divorced etc .He also asked questions as to why i divorced and what does my ex do now .I told him that it was mutual consent and I told him I dont know where my ex is living now.Currently my application is still in review status by secondary officer .Is this a usual routine .All my friends who attended the interview with me already got their Oath ceremony letter

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

How was it that you got your green card originally? Through that same spouse that you divorced? How soon did you FILE for divorce after you got your 10 year green card? I would like to know the date that you filed for divorce, not when you were granted the divorce.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got my greencard through my employer.My divorce was before i got my green card .Feb 2011 I filed and got the divorce in March 2011.I got remarried in August 2011
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please note that my marriage was in India and therefore the divorce decree was through court in India

Then I assume that your ex-spouse got her green card through you? How long were you married and what date did you both get your green cards?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No thats not right .When i married my ex-spouse I was on H-1B visa and she was on H4 visa and when we got divorced in 2011 she was still on H-4 and I was on H-1B.I got my greencard on Jan 2012 through my employer along with my current spouse
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also my ex-spouse after divorce in 2011 went back to India

Ok. Then I don't understand why they are delaying. In the end you may have to be patient because it's only been a little over a month since your interview. What is the status of your current spouse?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My current spouse and myself went to citizenship interview on the same day and she already got her oath ceremony letter while my case is pending for review with secondary officer

How did your current spouse get her Residency?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She had got her permanent residency when we filed for greencard together .She came to us on dependent H-4 visa and both of us filed for greencard in December 2011 and got our greencards on January 2012 together
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I had asked the reason why my case is still under review by secondary officer .The Infopass officer told me that she does not have any idea .Is this is a usual process or something wrong with my application ?.Also the officer added notes in my application that I stayed with my employer for 6-7 months after i got my greencard before changing my job

Well, I don't see anything wrong then. It just may be that you got unlucky and got an officer that isn't very efficient in how they work, or may be a jerk officer. It's been a little over a month and you did an Infopass already? Why the rush to get U.S. Citizenship?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There was no rush to get the citizenship but my worry was everyone who came with me on the same day (my friends ,my wife) all of them got their oath ceremony letter but I was concerned as why my application alone is getting delayed?

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong because you even stayed with your petitioning employer for the recommended time before moving on. My thinking is that you just got unlucky with the officer that you got for whatever reason. Apart from doing an Infopass every now and then, you may also contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml. You have three of them, two U.S. Senators and one U.S. Representative. So if one is not helpful, one of the other two might be. So don't over-worry, just be patient but also push a little.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.