Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need help answering a question

I need help answering...

I need help answering a question

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Nope

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So what would you like to know?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Goodnight, my priority date is coming up for me to send in the form i-485 to USCIS. There is two questions that i am having a hard time answering, under criminal acts and violations.
25. Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged or detained for any reason by any law enforcement official including but not limited to any US Immigration official or any official of the US armed forces or US coast guard?26. have you ever committed a crime of any kind( even if you were not arrested, cited, charged with, or tried for that crime)
I recieve 3 tickets on three different occasions for fare evasion and i have the disposition letter stating that i paid. how do i answer those two questions above?
I received three tickets for fare evasion on the subway in new york city, on three separate occassions ;
09/06/2015, 05/11/2016, 02,04,2012. I paid all three of the fare evasion and also I receive my disposition letter. i didn't had money to pay on those 3 occasions. How do i answer those 2 questions above and how it will affect my chances of getting approved?
i never got arrested, i just had those 3 tickets.

You were cited, so the answer is yes for #25. You will have to submit copies of the citations and proof that you paid them. As far as #26, that I cannot tell you. Most people don't admit to something they may have done in the past and put no.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The last page of the I-485 form is additional information, do i have to provide explanations on why i commit the civil offense?

No. Just provide the proof that you paid the citations. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.