Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Does USCIS have access to IRS records? Could a citizenship…

Does USCIS have access to...
Does USCIS have access to IRS records? Could a citizenship application be denied due to being on a payment plan for owing taxes?
3/9/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Unfortunately, the news is not good. YES, they do have access to IRS records and YES a person can and most likely would be denied U.S. Citizenship for owing taxes IF they have not come into a payment plan with the IRS.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

I am on a payment plan I pay around $375 a month and have been making them on time every month for over a year.What are the chances of denial?

In regards ***** ***** low as long as you can prove that you are paying the money back faithfully. This shows good moral character.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!