Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Someone got 2 years can it after 2 months later and they…

For GuillermoIf someone got 2...
For GuillermoIf someone got 2 years green can it after 2 months later and they have problem each other and both of them live separate and still married by the law he can apply for vawa visa even if he has green card 2 years already
3/9/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Welcome back and thank you for requesting me by name.

A VAWA petition can be filed at any time. Or another option is to start the divorce process and file the I-751 as a waiver and prove abuse and/or that the marriage was real but just fell apart.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

can’t file vawa if already has 2 years green card?
AgainHello
If someone got 2 years green and after 2 months later they have problem with his wife and both of them live separate and still married by the law he can apply for vawa visa even if he has green card 2 years already
1567;

Yes, this is possible. An I-360 can be filed at any time.

Do you recommend to do vawa to get 10 years card Or there is another option ?
I just got 2 years green card 2 months ago then She cheated on me with someone else, I also have a medical report from a psychiatrist , can I file from now or I have to wait before 3 months my green card expire

If you are divorcing, you have two choices, the I-751 waiver or the I-360. The I-751 waiver is your better choice if your evidence of domestic violence is not that strong. That's all I can really say about that. You can file either at any time.

How long it takes to get approved 10 years G C normally?
What about if I’m not going to divorce what I’m do we just living separate we still married by the low . What I have to file ?

Being married by the law doesn't mean you can try to trick immigration into thinking that you are still in a relationship so that you can get the green card. That is fraud. So you either fix it and move forward, or your divorce and file the I-751 waiver or the I-360 and do it right. Don't try to trick immigration because you will regret it later when you apply for U.S. Citizenship or apply for someone else.

You right
Thanks

My pleasure.

Sorry I have last question how much the fees for I 751 waiver?

$680