Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am wondering if i need to do a multiple filer waiver for…

Customer Question
I am wondering if...

I am wondering if i need to do a multiple filer waiver for my CR1 visa i am in the process of now

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

As far as i know i have nothing pending with USCIS both old I-129 F petitions have now been revoked and the other expired one was for my ex husband in mexico whos petition finally cancelled September 10, 2016. He never showed up for his interview and thus never obtained a visa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My other I-29F petition was for my K1 fiancé visa for now my husband. the same person whom i later married and are now going to do CR1

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is about it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
This is the waiver so far I intend to submit with my cr1 evidence. We are going through a Ghana embassy and plan to front load evidence of a bonafide relationship.
my question is if I have to do a multiple filer waiver since I have done two I-129 F ?
my ex husband never came back to the states and in 2015 we divorced and that same year I filed another I-29F for my fiancé in order to the k1 visa for him which later we were denied the k1 visa. therefore a year later we got married and I am doing in the process to submit everything for our CR1 and I need to know if I need to add in a waiver?
this is the waiver I have so far? does it look good or no?
To Whom It May Concern:In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA), I respectfully ***** ***** waiver on the filing limitations in connection with my current petition. A waiver is appropriate in my circumstance because I have no criminal history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA.I have two prior form I-129F petitions filed:•Jose XX, receipt number# ***** This petition was approved on December X, 2013, and resulted in. the petition being withdrawn or revoked per my request.•EmmaXX, Receipt# ***** Petition approved on November XX, 2015. Resulted in K1 visa denied and petition now expired.Evidence to support this waiver includes:•USCIS Letter revoking JoseXX petition•Divorce decree for Jose XX•USCIS Letter for EmmXXX K1 visa expired.•EmmaXX and (petitioner) XXX ReXs Ghana Marriage Certificate.Sincerely,
3/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Are you done reviewing my question? It looks like my card has been charged and I really need to know the answer soon. Is someone going to respond?