Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a citizens of the US I was adopted at 4 from Thailand…

Customer Question
I am a citizens...

I am a citizens of the US I was adopted at 4 from Thailand to Americans. I have a naturalization. No problems until now. I am 46yrs old and need to renew my drivers license. DMV was not able to get my profile from the immigration data base using the numbers on my certificate. What can be wrong?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

No...I show DMV my naturalization as a form of ID to renew my license...I am a citizen since I came to America 1976

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet DMV has to call me back to tell me why they cant locate my numbers

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Iam worried that the naturalization is not letgit

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
What was the path to citizenship? Do you have a passport?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my adopted parents did it all for me when I was 9 yrs old. I had gotten a passport 10 yrs ago but I allowed it to elapsed. Never used it. My naturalization is like my birth certificate, that's all I have. I don't understand why DMV cannot find my profile using the numbers from my certificate.

If you got a passport, then it is highly unlikely that your citizenship is not legitimate. Did your parent adopt you in Thailand or from inside the US?

Ely, Counselor at Law