Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am currently working on AOS from a K-1 visa. We have sent…

Hi, I am currently...

Hi, I am currently working on AOS from a K-1 visa. We have sent in the forms but have received a Request for Initial Evidence based on not meeting the poverty guidelines. We have a co-sponsor and are well over the guidelines and I assume I made a mistake somewhere with the documentation. We would like someone with experience in this field to help us look over our documents before we submit them to make sure that we do not have any more problems with our application. Thank you, ***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Yes, our I-485 is pending

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet. We have just received the Request for Initial Evidence letter.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that should be enough information for now, thank you.

3/8/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Can you please email the following documents to***@******.*** :

• The Request for Initial Evidence letter
  • Your proposed response

Thank you.

I have a received your Request for Initial Evidence. You need to add one document to what you are proposing to send. You need to send proof that your mother is a US citizen, US National, or green card holder. Proof can be copies of a birth certificate, current passport, or green card.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm sorry I forgot to add, I did include copies of both of our passports in the original package. My problem is understanding why I received the RFE in the first place, I can't figure what additional documentation they need, other than perhaps the full tax returns not just the cover sheet for the 1040.Thank you very much for your help today!
Amanda Kyne

You are welcome. In my experience sometimes people just do not read through the entire file. Or, sometimes the documents get separated from the application.

Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me.

Edward Young

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-visaspecialist/ Or, simply request “Edward

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young