Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My daughter is American citizen she is born in America she…

My daughter is American...

My daughter is American citizen she is born in America she have two kids they born in Israel 10 day become citizens of the United States

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can Uael

3/8/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Please tell me what your question about this.

Is my daughter Kids can become citizens
NoI didn’t get an answer
Can I get an answer to my question really simple

Has your daughter ever lived in the US?

She was born in Michigan country live in United States for seven years

Did she live there after she turned 16. ?

No
I didn’t get any answer can you give me an answer please

.

I'm sorry. I'm not sure why you could not see my answer.

The answer is no. Unfortunately your grandchildren are not automatic US citizens because your daughter did not live in the US at least 2 years after age 14.

But there is good news! They can get US citizenship if your daughter petitions for their green cards first and they live in the US. As soon as they live in the US with a green card, even one day, then they will be automatic US citizens.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney