Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I had my citizenship interview the day before on the 5th of…

Customer Question
Hello Sir!!I had my citizenship...
Hello Sir!!I had my citizenship interview the day before on the 5th of March. Every thing is absolutely goidcwith my application. I got my GC through my spouse through his employer. It’s been 8 yrs since we have become permanent residents and in the last 5 years I had traveled only once for 4 days to SK. The IO was nice. She first took the English reading/writing test n then the civics/history. I passed it. Then she went on with my application. She went page by page. I noticed that she was using a red pen n writing on the application. She has a few passport pictures of mine asked me twice if I had passport pictures. I said I don’t at the moment, so, she asked me to drop them at the office. She asked me a couple of questions related to my application such as have I used any other names. What my DOB was. If the address was where I lived and what I do and if my husband has also applied for citizenship. I told her that he will be doing so in a year. Then she asked me all the criminal/background check questions from the application. She also asked if she needed to go over that portion once again with me to which I responded that it is not needed. The she picked a paper which has my name, address, dob etc and asked me to sign and also asked me to sign the N-400z I was thinking to myself that eveningtjing seems okay so far n she will approve my application to my divastation she gave me a N652 form in which it stated that 1) I passed my civics/ history test. 2) A decision cannot yet be made 3) follow the instructions on N-14 form. I have been stressed out since then. I asked her if it was only the photographs to which she said yes. I’m confused. Will my application have any issues. This is freaking me iut. I need your help and advice.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** and I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you have no criminal issues, no issues with your name or any other issues then there should not be any problem with the application. You just can't be approved until USCIS has everything they need and that includes the passport pictures. That is likely all it is about.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Thanks so much for the response. How long does it takes Generaly for the N-14 to come? Can you give me an idea what they are likely to ask me in the N-14? Also, wanted to let u know that my priority date is July 17 and the current San Jose field office shows April 2017. Can they call for an interview before the priority date?