Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am reading about NGRI, deportation on your website 10/0.

Customer Question
I am reading about...

I am reading about NGRI, deportation on your website 10/0

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Do you know anything about NGRI and deportation from mental state hospital? green card is expired.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, you are the lawer, correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lawyer. what is your connection to Guillermo Senmartin?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can Permanent Resident who is in State Mental Hospital under Non-guilty due to Reason of Insanity commitment - be deported from the hospital to his native country?
his crime was deportable crime 4 year max.
hospital stay is extended every 2 years beyond the initial 4 year max. he is quite sick and cant be released into community, so he stays in hospital.
3/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

It may take a little research as the laws may have changed. What state in the U.S. did the person allegedly commit the crime in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
California
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know that any deportation for illegal alien is possible after the time served.
my son is legal alien, he can be released from the system via 2 paths: either 1) going through Restoration of Sanity process , or 2) via ConRep (Conditional Release) program with subsequent Restoration of Sanity.
after his sanity is restored he may or may not be deported.
my son insists he can be deported if he contacts ICE , i.e. they will pick him up at hospital and deport him
(he wants to be deported, i dont want him to be deported)
if you dont know how it is done in California, i wonder what are the rules in Florida

Unfortunately, I would have to do some additional research on this which I cannot do until next week because I am a volunteer organizer of a few charity events this weekend and will not have time at the moment, but I will opt out and see if another expert would like to help you, perhaps even someone from California. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is ok. I can wait till next week. No urgency here.
Ely, Counselor at Law