Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have 2 questions regarding H1 and Immigration. Florida…

Hello I have 2...

Hello I have 2 questions regarding H1 and Immigration

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida Tallahassee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My H1 got denied and I went to my country for my cousin marriage but my status says H1B Pending What type of question can i expect from the Homeland security and how should i answer them

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My current status is OPT EAD

3/7/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

My H1 got denied a month ago My status Is OPT EAD but My status did not change yet It is H1B pending I went to my country for Cousin marriage I'm sure homeland security will ask questions about H1B and denial so Please guide me how to answer those and what type of questions should I expect ?

It is possible that they can ask you about the H1B. However, it is not illegal for your H1B to be denied. You have not done anything wrong. You are still allowed to return to the US to continue working on your OPT status. You just want to have proof that you still have your OPT job here and you will continue working, in case they ask. They may want to confirm that you intend to leave the US after OPT is done unless you get another H1B approved. You must assure them this is true.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Thanks Marie I have a quick question I filed H1b from 2 different staffing company as this is my last chance for H1b One Is with my employer and other Is with the different staffing company as a chance of picking up my h1 Is more and can we file like that with one client two different staffing company's

Yes you are allowed to have different companies file your H1B for the same person.

I hope this helps and hope you can kindly issue a positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney