Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I want to sue my ex wife for immigration fraud. Alabama

Customer Question
I want to sue...

I want to sue my ex wife for immigration fraud

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

First, I need you to understand that I am on your side. If she committed marriage fraud, she should be deported. However, the way that the law is written, because the penalties are so harsh, the evidence has to be strong. We want to avoid them thinking that you are just an upset ex-spouse that wants to get back at his ex because of a failed marriage. So what evidence do you have that she committed marriage fraud?

Physical evidence . None. She verbably told me she only married me for immigration status. It is the history and actions leeding up to the divorce. She is from Peru where she had 2 children by a british citizen: she defrauded him and the courts there to gain full custody to allow her to take them from him and Peru. I know this because i paid the bribes .He had envoked the Hayge act once to get her to return the children to Peru prior to her gaining custody.
Honestly i want to file the suit and take her to court knowing i will not win.

We have to avoid any he said/she said. Fraud that she committed against an ex probably won't help much. We have to stay focused on your marriage. Do you have witnesses, video or audio recordings, and/or emails? Did she get a 2 year green card through you? Does she have her 10 year green card?

The thing is i do not know if 2 or 10 year green card we only attended 1 interview after that she requested extensions before each unterview. I sent letters to immigration denoucing her and my sponsorship. I also made appointment and went to the office in Mongomery where they told me i could not remove my sponsorship and was responsible for her and children for 10 years but i have no right to know her status
She obcorse for immigration purposes filed a PFA acusing me of violence and abuse. I was in court as ordered with witnesses and documents to disprove all her alligations. She and her attorney did not come to court as ordered and the judge did not hear my side ir evidence and no repercusions against thier failure to appear
I am currently out of the US.
Are we still connected ?

Yes. Sorry about that. I had to step away. I am a practicing attorney with my own firm and sometimes I get called away. This is a benefit to you because it means since I am currently active in practice, I'm not just someone that sits behind a computer all day.

Anyway, sorry about the delay. How long have you been married? Did you guys go to one interview together or two? Did you ever file an I-751 that you both had to sign together around 2 years after she got her green card? When she got her green card, were you married longer than 2 years at that time?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

How long have you been married? Did you guys go to one interview together or two? Did you ever file an I-751 that you both had to sign together around 2 years after she got her green card? When she got her green card, were you married longer than 2 years at that time?