Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I just wanted to check about the latest news on the card of…

For Edward ---------------- Hi Edward,I just wanted...
For Edward
----------------
Hi Edward,I just wanted to check about the latest news on the Green card of merging country wide quotas.Regards,
3/8/2018
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thank you for seeking me out again. The bill you are referring to is H.R. 392: Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act of 2017. This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to: (1) eliminate the per country numerical limitation for employment-based immigrants, and (2) increase the per country numerical limitation for family based immigrants from 7% to 15% of the total number of family-sponsored visas.

The bill has 317 co-sponsors in the House of Representatives. The bill has been sent to the Immigration and Border Security subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. No hearings have been held yet. One pollster gives the bill and 18% chance of passing. See https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr392 for more information.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young
Edward Young