Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My friend who has H1B stamped in his passport and expires in…

Customer Question
for ***** ***** ------------------------- Greetings Edward,my friend...
for ***** *****
-------------------------
Greetings Edward,my friend who has H1B stamped in his passport and expires in June 2020. He also has B1/B2 stamped and expires in Future.He wants to come to USA for job and one company-A has invited him for in-person interview.Can he come to USA on B1/B2 and give the in-person interview and return back to India.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/7/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hi there. I am not familiar with an Expert names "Edward" in the immigration category. Additionally, your question has been waiting for quite some time. Would you like me to assist you?

please go ahead if you can give me an expert advise.
Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago
Edward Young

Your girlfriend’s federal tax refund will not be withheld. But there are many reasons to take care of the ticket and eliminate the warrant. There have been instances when a person travels abroad and tries to reenter the US, they have problems because the Dept. of Homeland Security has flagged you because you have an outstanding warrant. The same thing might happen if she applied for a security clearance or for certain licenses.

The best thing she can do is take care of the warrant. Call the clerk of the court from which the letters were sent and find out what your options are. Also, call a lawyer in Texas and ask him or her what your options are. In many courts, if you show up and offer an apology, you’ll get off with a warning and paying some money for court costs. An experienced attorney could tell you this.

If she remembers where in Texas she received the ticket, tell me and I will refer you to some experienced traffic lawyers who offer free consultations. Many of them have good relations with the judges and clerks and can represent you well.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago

Sorry, I sent that response by mistake to you.

Immigration Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 3 months ago

The B1 is the visa for job interviews.
His company will send him an interview letter which he can show at the embassy/consulate along with other documents.

Whether the visa is granted or not, depends on the whim of the officer.

Since he is going for an interview, they may assume that he will not return if he gets the job. The assumption of NOT RETURNING on a visitor visa is a reason for denial. He will have to show them current job commitments in India and that his travel is only for the interview and not for taking up the job.

If the visa is granted, port of entry is not a problem.