Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

We have cancellatin of removal case and court date is

Customer Question
Hello! We have cancellatin...

Hello! We have cancellatin of removal case and court date is approaching, my husband was more than 10 years here when he applied, we have two kids, they used before special education services, but will not be using at the time of court date, will wew still be granted cancellation of removal, if it was based on their problems?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

It is New Jersey.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I believe everything is ready for the court as it isin August. Yes we had lawer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We also have relative petition visa coming soon, but we probably have to go to our country to get and it is a risk

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin,
 replied 1 month ago

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So you have not had your Individual Hearing date yet? When is it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
master hearing is in August and individual will probably be given there
 replied 1 month ago

Well, as you can imagine, at the Individual hearing it must be proven that the U.S. Citizens that depends upon him would suffer EXCEPTIONAL and EXTREMELY UNUSUAL HARDSHIP if he is deported. He cannot lie and say that they are receiving special education services if they currently are not. But that doesn't mean that he will be denied. Hardship to the children can come in many ways and having a good immigration attorney handling the case is key to be able to prove that. The attorney should be able to put together a compelling case if the elements are there.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.