Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How do you get a card by investing in the US, how much needs…

Customer Question
How do you get...

How do you get a green card by investing in the US, how much needs to be invested and into what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Nothing has been filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No have not spoken to a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The subject is my 52 year old son living now in Canada, I am a US citizen I

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The law only says "substantial investment" and does not give a number. How much do you have to invest? In what city and state will the company be located?

Thank you, ***** ***** be Florida near Naples, The trick is now to find what is substantial.

I can give you an idea, but I would like to know realistically what you think you can invest.

We will check our next step

Is there some problem why you cannot give me an idea of how much you have to invest? How about $200,000 or more?

Hello. I'd like to help, but I don't understand why you are refusing to give me a number. I'm not going to hold you to any number, but it will help me formulate the answer. Please respond. If not, then I will have to give you a general answer that may not be as helpful.