Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a question about a friend. Husband is in SFO wife in…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about a friend

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Husband is in SFO wife in India who visited him last month and now when she has to go back he says his company name changed so he needs to apply for change in i20.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He hasn’t sent the i20 yet can she travel to USA on old F2 which is still valid

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
3/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: As long as the husband (F-1) is in valid F-1 status, then she is eligible to travel to the US on F-2 status. A change in the I-20 information does not invalidate his F-1 status, so there should be no issues for her.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Do you have any additional questions?

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help?

Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Thank you!