Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Wife's I-751 filed in Jan 2017, got RFE in December

Wife's I-751 filed in...

Wife's I-751 filed in Jan 2017, got RFE in December 2017..submitted response last week We dont have joint bank accounts...but submitted Married filing jointly...for 3 years 2014, 2015, 2016 IRS transcripts...for 2017..submitted the return that I finished...its electronically file...hence no signature on the return itself Also submitted pics, duaghters birth certificate born on 11/21/2017 Submitted Car Insurance and Homeowndners Insurance with both names Bank woudlnt put her on the mortgage since she doesnt work and hence no income Also..submitted a Life insurnace policy but this is an online copy since I purchase last week and didnt get the package in mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NJ House is in NJ

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No Used a lawyer originally for her Fiancee visa and we got married here in March 2014 and got her 2 year GC in April 2015 and now expires on April 6th 2108

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No..we recently had a baby and submitted Birth certificate and pics with 3 of us And also..My mother in law is not well would like to travel to India But her GC expires on April6th 2018 and not sure when to expect the Permanent GC

3/6/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure
Wife came to US on K-1 visa (fiancee visa)...got married in March 2014..got her conditional green card in April 2015..submitted I-751 in Jan 2017..got an extension letter for one year
Got RFE in late December 2017...submitted response last week...and waiting
Her extension letter expires on April 6th 2018..My mother in law is not well suffering from Non-hodgkins Lymphoma..and she wants to visit her in India
Her Extension expires on April 6th 2018...
Submitted Tax return transcripts for 2014, 2015, 2016 married filing jointly...and one more return for 2017 (not a transcript), submitted Daughters birth certificate (born on 11/21/2017), submitted some pics with the two of us prior to daughter, submitted pregnancy photo shoot pics, newborn photo shoot pics, and some vacation trips pics.., submitted recent car insurance policy with both names, submitted home owners insurance Policy with both names, from Jan 2018, submitted my life insurance policy online print...but dont believe it shows her as beneficiary, submitted health insurance information including explanation of benefits with same address for both of us
Need to figure out how to travel to India before the final permanent GC if there is an emergency as mother in law is seriously ill
Also...would they approve without interview since I submitted docs including Daughter's birth certificate?

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Yes, they would likely approve without interview but an interview is still possible. It sounds like you have a lot of good evidence together. The strongest of all being your daughter and that should be sufficient for an approval. You should definitely not have an issue.

. If you don't receive the permanent green card before April and she wants to travel to India then she can go to USCIS with an infopass appointment and ask for her passport to be stamped for another year. Make appointment here https://my.uscis.gov/appointment

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Thanks for your response.
How long does it typically take for an approval before they respond after receiving response to RFE
Also..this is the current message on USCIS case status:
On March 5, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC1711600219, at your local office.
But on Friday I saw a message that said:On Febraury 27th , 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC1711600219, at your local office.
this message seems to be put up with changed dates ...not sure if this is correct or a glitch with their online tool

The time it takes really varies depending on the officer that has your case and your jurisdiction. On average it's a couple of months after responding to the RFE.

I am not sure about the difference in dates as that's on the USCIS side. It could just mean that they received it 2/27 and then it was further processed 3/5. In either case, it does not hurt to extend the I-751 in your wife's passport in case she needs to travel. And she should do this soon because sometimes it is hard to get an appointment.

I hope this helps you and I hope you can kindly leave a positive rating for the consult.

This case is pending at Vermont...and the date on her original receipt date matches the processing date stated on USCIS processing timings posted.
But RFE response was sent last week, do you think they immediately act on the RFE response?

It depends on the officer if they immediately act on the RFE response and how their work load is when they receive your response. They will try to get to RFE responses out first.Usually it takes a couple of months to get a reply at this moment.

I hope this now clarifies your doubts and that you can kindly acknowledge and issue a rating. Thanks so much.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Booked an Infopass appointment at local USCIS office in Newark, NJ for March 26th for my wife's pending I-751 per our messages exchanged earlier.Her current extension expires on April 6th 2018, her Mom is suffering from Cancer and she would like to travel to India to visit her, does she need to submit any documentation to get her passport stamped if she doesn't get her extension prior to that?thanks

She should just provide proof of the pending I-751. The receipt notice is enough.

Ok. thank you

You are welcome!

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney