Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My wife came here on k1 visa. due to issues with her birth…

My wife came here...

My wife came here on k1 visa. due to issues with her birth ertificate we didnt get married within in 90 days, we are legally married now. we are going to her green card interview next week, she is now pregnant. can she be deported

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am us citizen by birth

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but i m having a hard time paying him

hello
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Did you file the I-130 together with the I-485?

She has work permit

Ok great. If you filed the I-130 petition together with the I-485 then she should not have any issues in having her green card approved. If you had been married and filed within the 90 days, then she wouldn't need the I-130. That's the only difference. She still has a very good chance of approval this way. USCIS is mainly concerned with whether it's a genuine marriage and it sounds like it is. She should not fear deportation.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago, but you did not ask any follow ups or leave me any feed back.

Please let me know how else I can help and please kindly keep in mind that we experts do not receive a salary from this website. We only receive credit when you leave a good rating for us with the stars ★★★★★. Thank you for your consideration of our work and time here.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
sorry I give you 5 stars