Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Question for Guillermo Attorney for Immigration one of

Second opinion] Question for Guillermo...
Second opinion] Question for Guillermo Attorney for Immigration
one of friend's daughter is 17 years and she is LPR in USA for the last about two years. She wish to go to back home in India for 2 years to arrange her marriage and to settle her father's property matters. I know she has to file I-131 for Reentry Permit. Will her father need to sign the I-131 or 17 years old can sign it?
Will the purpose as mentioned above is good ? she will also study while she will be in India.
Answered in 2 days by:
3/6/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: A 17 year old can sign the form. She does not necessarily have to put a reason, but if she wants to provide a reason, she can. If she decides to put it, then I would only provide the reason for which she is going to India for 2 years. If school is incidental to going back for 2 years, then there is no need to include it.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help?

Remember that the rating is not based on the outcome you wanted or desired, but instead, on my service to you. Negative ratings are reserved for Experts who are rude or unprofessional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already responded and gave 4 star.
Thank you
Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer