Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I need a good immigration layer, please. Is a question on…

I need a good...

I need a good immigration layer, please.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes, is a question on expire conditional residence. 2 month late

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

We forgot to file my wife I-751 form to remove conditional residence. It is 2 months late already. Any hope? Thanks
2/19/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So you just forgot? Any particular reason why? Death in the family? Illness? Etc.? The marriage is still good with the intention of staying together and building a life together?

We forgot to look at the time given. Marriage is very good. Our intention is staying together and building life together.
Phone call session started