Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Do you handle cases related to L-2 visas? Based in. Visa…

Do you handle cases...

Do you handle cases related to L-2 visas?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Based in Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Visa appointment

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Got 221g

2/9/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure what is your specific question?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Hi,My wife came to the US in February 2011 on B1/B2 visa. She then moved to F1 status from April 2011 to 2016. We then got married in Dec, 2016. And then she got her L2 in 2017. She appeared before the consulate today to get her L1 visa stamped. However she was given a 221g mentioning that she needs to submit the "Timeline and proof of status of student from 2011 to 2016."Is it a normal request for an L-2 visa. Is there anything to worry about? What documents need to be submitted here?
Phone call session started

I will call you soon

I am calling you. Did you hear it?

Hi, can you please call me at 12:05AM PT. that is in 30 minutes?

ok

Hi, I am ready to talk.
Hi, are you calling?

I'm sorry, it got too late last night. I can call now or in the next 2 hours.

Hi, lets call now

Calling.

I only saw missed call. Strange. Can you please try again?

.

Hi,This is the email that we are planning to send. Can you please look at this and tell us if it all looks fine? (I have not attached the transcript here as they are official and opening that would make them unofficial)Dear Visa Officer,I appeared for the L2 visa interview on February 9, 2017 in Consulate General of the United States of America, Karachi, Pakistan. My application number is *****I was asked to provide "Timeline and proof of status of student from 2011 to 2016".I have attached the proof of F1 status, and I20 from Houston Community College, and Blinn College.In addition, I have also attached the official transcript from both the colleges that I attended.Timelines
1. Feb 4, 2011: Arrival to the US on B1/B2 VISA2. Aug 1, 2011: Received F1 Status3. August 15, 2011: Received I-20 from Houston Community College, Houston, TX (I-20 valid until Dec 15, 2014)4. August 27, 2014: Received I-20 from Blinn College - Transferred credits to Blinn College (I-20 valid until May 31, 2017)5. December 27, 2016: Got married to Rahim Makhani in Brazos, Texas6. April 18, 2017: Approval of L-2 statusShould you require any additional documents, please feel free to contact me.
Somehow I am unable to send the attachment.

It looks good but I would also include the dates she attended classes to show that she never fell out of status