Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I filled for a certificate of Citizenship through double…

I filled for a certificate...
I filled for a certificate of Citizenship through double constructive retention and would like to speed up the process by applying for a passport! Also as I filed the N600 with help of a lawyer I want a second opinion on the filled case and the chances of the filling!
2/6/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure what is your specific question about the passport or the N600?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
1. I would like to know if the N600 I filled caused through the complexity of double constructive retention is good (second opinion) and 2. if I have a chance of getting a US Passport faster with this application. I am currently on a E2 Visa and my extension of stay was denied. I do not know yet why but I would like to push the Citizenship Application.
The timeline for a N600 is 14 months at the moment!
I can upload the N600
Phone call session started

No the form is not necessary, just tell me the details of your situation first. Who was a citizen, etc. ?

Its all explained in the document letter the other lawyer wrote. I can upload it!

Ok, go ahead

I am not able to click the upload link!

I'm sorry, you would have to contact customer service. I have no idea how to do that on my end. We don't work directly for the site.

I contacted them give me a sec

I have to step away but send it and I will review it later on and get back to you. We can arrange for a call after that.

Ok - is it possible to talk today?
Hi - Support has emailed you the file. It is a PDF with a password
please use rb600 to access the file
Good Morning Jen, did you get the file?
Jen - please let me know if you are able to answer my questions or if I need to switch the Expert!
When are you able to call me?
Hi Jen, as I see you are online again. Please let me know if you received the document and when you are able to call me?!

Hello again. I just received the file.

Perfect - let me know when we can talk?!
Please confirm when we are able to talk!

As far as applying for a passport, it is going to be very complicated for the Department of State to make a decision on this. Th Doctrine of double retention is very uncommon and they will likely refer to USCIS for a decision and ask for a Certificate of Citizenship. However, you can still try to apply and see what they say.

As far as your chances, It is a very long letter and I need a little more time to study it. I will confirm later tonight.

Ok thanks - I wait for your answer ...
I still wait for your answer... please contact me asap!
Hey Jen, when can I expect my final answer? and call?
Hello Jen!?
When Can I expect the answer?
You promised me yesterday!!!!

I can call you in a few minutes.

Actually, it looks like the phone call option has disappeared. I'm sorry. I will have to cancel and refund you for the phone call.

I will respond to you here about your chances in my opinion from your letter.

When can I expect the answer?
You promised me 3 days ago the response!