Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My visa ia expiring on March 4th and my is 8 months

Customer Question
My visa ia expiring...

My visa ia expiring on March 4th and my is 8 months pregnant. My employer was telling me these days that they are going to apply for H1b extension. But now they are saying no

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

*My wife is 8 months pregnant My official status is H1b no pending appications I am looking for jobbs

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, please connect me to the lawyer I am concerned on this situation

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

So your I-94 expires March 8th and your employer does not want to renew? How long have you been on H-1B so far?