Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Recieved a 171 notice of approval of relative immigrant

Recieved a 171 notice...

Recieved a 171 notice of approval of relative immigrant petition when my husband was in removal proceedings but dont have i797

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

Yes i485 adjustment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to adjudicate a k3 visa

1/26/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

There is no form 171. Please check the form and let me know.

i need to submit a i824 to chage file location to file a k3 visa

Again, please check your form number. You said 171. There is no such form.

that is the only letter i have for the i130 approved
can you please review

I see. These are very old forms. I understand now. Please give me some time to look this over.

So is your husband now trying to adjust his status?

Where is he now?

in nicaragua

So he doesn't file I-485. That is only if he is in the US.

Was he removed from the US? If so, for what reason? And when? How long was he in the US prior to removal?

3 months ago for a denial of our 485 adjustment of status because i130 wasnt grandfather for him to adjust in usa had to be removed he has been here 8 years
he was put in removal in 2009 for a felony and the judge dismissed the NTA but was sent to nicaragua in 2009
because he had no form of relief

Does he have an approved I-601 Application for Waiver of Inadmissibility?

no it was never filed
now i want to bring him to the usa
are we finish talking
No. It takes time to write an answer. You need to be patient.
Well if he was in the US illegally for more than 1 year, then he has to get a waiver for his unlawful presence. Otherwise, he has to wait for 10 years to be able to come back to the with the immigrant visa.First you need to file form I-824 to ask yo send the I-130 to the National Visa Center for processing. Once the case is at the US consulate, he will need to file form I-212 to get permission to reapply for admission after removal. He also has to file form I-601 to waive his unlawful presence of more than 1 year. If that is approved, he can apply for the immigrant visa.I hope that answers your questions.▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.
A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.
If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.
And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.
Thank you!
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
i never do anything online, so i was a little skeptical i am impressed how information i received
thank you and sorry for being impatient , you will definitively be my personal processional