Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I had contacted you last May regarding the K1 Visa for my…

Hi Jen Marie,I had contacted...
Hi Jen Marie,I had contacted you last May regarding the K1 Visa for my fiancé. She had to complete paper work and attend the Guangzhou embassy for an interview. The question regarding affiliation to the Communist Party was my concern. She is a graduate student and had been paying dues to help with employment post graduation. Her membership was always non-meaningful. We answer the question honestly and provided evidence supporting that claim post-interview. However, we have been in Administrative Processing since last June awaiting the outcome of the embassy's investigation.I have in recent months contacted my local congressman and they made an inquiry. I have only received a standard reply from the embassy: "we're still process, we'll contact you if we need anything, etc." Is there any way to speed this up? Are there any other steps you recommend? Have you heard anything about current wait times for this type of Administrative Processing?Thank you,
Jeremy
1/16/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & thanks for requesting me. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have great news about this for you. There is no actual way to speed up administrative processing. You can try things such as inquiries through your Congressman, which you have already done but there is no specific process otherwise. You should follow up with the Congressman's office. You can also send emails and phone calls to the embassy for updates.

There is no specific wait time for administrative processing but usually it would be an average of 6 months.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney