Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Can a American citizen apply citizenship for a brother in…

Customer Question
Can a American citizen...

Can a American citizen apply citizenship for a brother in law

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

USA no pending applications

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/14/2018
Immigration Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today
No. US Citizens can only sponsor their own brother or sister and even then there is a lengthy wait. Your brother in law should consult with an attorney to see if there are other options, such as employment, available.I hope this clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question
If you have any other questions please just ask
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer