Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am worried since I cant find any lawyer who can help.

Hi I am worried...

Hi I am worried since I cant find any lawyer who can help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

State does not matter I will post the question

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A lawyer who can take a CBP case section 212a (7) A I I immigrant without an immigrant visa of INA?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/14/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

I need to know the exact situation that happened, not just the section of the law. Please provide the details and your question. We can only answer questions on this website. We cannot take cases.

I want to inquire if you can handle a case, my brother is a UK citizen he got ESTA as he became a UK citizen and visited me in USA twice. He had a valid ESTA and was visiting third time and he was being held by CBP at Fort Lauderdale airport in Florida, was accused to provide wrong information in the ESTA application form.There was a question " Have you ever been denied a US Visa" he answered "no" because he applied ESTA first time after becoming a UK citizen. Where as he was denied a US visa several times on his previous Pakistani Passport. So the CBP Officer got him on that. He was being detained and sent back to UK. He was charged section 212a (7) A (i) ( I) immigrant without an immigrant visa of INA as amended visa by CBP. Please help what can I do to resolve?

Unfortunately CBP is right because he did lie. When that question asks if he has ever been denied a visa, it does not mean only as an ESTA holder. It means his WHOLE life. Since he lied, they were correct to deny him entry to the US and charged and have his ESTA canceled. https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/applying-nonimmigrant-visa-hranka-waiver.html

The only thing he can do now is apply for a tourist visa but he will need a waiver under INA 212(d)(3) also called a Hranka Waiver when he applied because now he is barred from returning. You can find more information here on how it works and the process.

He has to do this himself.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

My question was how to resolve the issue, not another type of visa. I do not want to continue please refund me the money
I can not rate

You asked "what can i do to resolve"?

I have answered exactly that. I have explained that he has to apply for another visa with a waiver because he will NOT be given an ESTA again. There is no way to resolve that part. The only way is what I have told you.

I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear but I cannot lie to you just to earn your rating. I must be honest with you. I do not make the laws and unfortunately I can't change them.

I spent my time and expertise reading your question and answering you truthfully. We only receive any credit for our time when you leave a rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney