Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My H4 extension rejected due to documentation error and I-94…

Customer Question
My H4 extension rejected...

My H4 extension rejected due to documentation error and I-94 validity for 5 days only

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

My green card is processing (EB2) and have current valid visa till July-02-2018. When my family came back from vacation Sep-11-2017. My wife got the I-94 date till her passport valid date of Jan-22-2018 and my daughter got i-94 till current visa end date of June-2018. I have applied the H4 extension for my wife and daughter after wife renewed her passport. My company filed the H4 extension. Yesterday got the mail from immmgration sayting that H4 extension rejected due to documentation error. In i-539 form, number of people question answer is wrong (it supposed to be 2 but 1) and mentioned that I can resubmit the extension after correcting this. My company said you should do it yourself. Hence I need some help and having below questions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet...you are the first

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

1. Since we don't have much time and even I resubmit the h4 extension next week, i am not sure if it will reach there befor my i-94 validity date and even after the mail package reached, not sure when they take open the package and enter into system. Note sure if i get the receipt number before in jan-22. Hence, Can my wife is legally allowed to stay here without receipt number?2. What is the other safe options? I don't want my GC is screwed up with this. these are my questions...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 4 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

As long as it is post marked in the mail on or before expiration date of the I-94, it should be accepted. I would still send it overnight with return receipt. They can stay while the I-539 is pending.

The other option is to leave on time and apply from outside for the H-4 visa to come back.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.