Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My grandmother has rasied me since I was 11. my mom passed…

Customer Question
My grandmother has rasied...

My grandmother has rasied me since I was 11 . my mom passed away when I was that age she never to file for adoption but has a notary document she had a workers permit but left to Honduras I want her to come back and was wondering how she could come

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No so far everyone has told me its impossible to get it apoorved or that there is no hope

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Yeah well I got a free consultaion

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yeah my grandmother was only permitted the workers permit because she was caught crossing the border and they allowed her to stay because at the time there was a horrendous tsunami in Honduras

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/13/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Is she currently in Honduras?

What is your status in the US?

she is currently in Honduras
she was in the US for 15 years
no call this is okay

Sorry- the website offer you the call not me. We can talk here.

Does your grandmother have any children in the US that are US citizens?

No unfortunately....... she should have adopted us when she was able to.
please help me:( shes all I have and my sister. does being in the military help? to bring her?

I"m so sorry but I won't have good news about this. I hope you can rate me based on the service and not on whether it's good or bad news for you.

Unfortunately you cannot petition for your grandmother because she is not your parent nor did she enter adopt you befor you turned 16. If she has children in the US, they can petition for her through a family petition and then she can ask for a waiver.

At this point, she can apply for a tourist visa to visit you together with a 212(d)(3) Hranka waiver.

I wish I had better news or another option but I must be honest.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."