Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Need legal advice on immigration/employment? I am in

Customer Question
Hi Need legal advice...

Hi Need legal advice on immigration/employment ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing is filed, just need an advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is regarding work visa , converting L1B to H1B

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/10/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Sure what is your question?

Hi Jen Marie
I am on L1B with Employer A and my H1B with COS has been approved on Sep 2017, but still i am working with employer A on L1B
I would like to continue my employment with EMployer A, what are best possible ways to continue?
can i ask employer A to transfer my approved H1B to stay with employer A on H1B?

You cannot continue to work with Employer A if your COS was approved. You are now on H1 status and you should be working for that employer.

Yes, Employer A can submit a new H1b for you to transfer the H1B to them, however you will need to depart the US as soon as possible because you are technically out of status if you are not working with Employer B since being on H1B.

If i move to employer B and start working in employer B will it be fine ? also from Oct to Dec i am not working with employer B and working with employer A will it be a problem ?

No it will not be fine because you do not have any proof that you have been working with Employer B all this time. . You need to depart right away and return back in with H1B visa after going to get visa in the embassy. Then you can work with employer B. Or leave and come back with L1B visa and continue working with L1 visa if it's still valid.