Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

After the approval of an I-130, if my wife is still out of…

Customer Question
After the approval of...

After the approval of an I-130, if my wife is still out of country (Peru), could she file for adjustment of status on a tourist visa?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Her status is she is in Peru and we are trying to get her back in the U.S. We got married while she had a 2 year home presence requirement

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have talked to many.... Have more questions, that's why I am here

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The i-130 has been approved and she is still in Peru, we are trying to find the quickest path to get her back here for good.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/9/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Has she overcome the 2-year residency requirement yet?

Ely, Counselor at Law