Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

IAMOUT HERE ON AN E2 INVESTMENT VISA. I NEED TO GET MY

Customer Question
HI IAMOUT HERE ON...

HI IAMOUT HERE ON AN E2 INVESTMENT VISA

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I NEED TO GET MY PASSPORT STAMPED FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE 7TH FEB WILL IMMIGRATION STAMP IT IF WE GO ON A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

WE ARE OFFICIALLY RESIDENT ALIENS

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO THANK YOU I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF RE ENTERING THE COUNTRY ON A CRUISELINER WILL THEY STAMP MY PASSPORT FOR 2 YEARS

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/9/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

If you are Resident Aliens, then you would have a green card and you would not be on E-2 status. So which one is it? If E-2, when does your stay expire?

my stay expires on 09/19/2019
but have to have my passport stamped for 2 years before feb 7th by leaving and returning to the us
need to know if i go on a cruise to the bahamas will the customs stamp my passport for the 2 years

Why do you have to have your passport stamped? You don't have the I-797 notice of action with the I-94 attached to it that states that your stay is good until 09/19/2019?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I'd like to help you, but I would need you to respond, please. Thank you.

Ely, Counselor at Law