Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am a disabled immigrant. I was brought to the us as a

Customer Question
I am a disabled...

I am a disabled immigrant. I was brought to the us as a little girl. I havent been able 2 get my green card, but I'm about 2 marry a us citizen I'm worried about getting deported because in my country Mexico they don't have the accommandations that I require due to my disability. I am a dreamer how can I remain in the us if the my job permit expires?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Im from Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes my lawyer told me my best bet is 2 get married with a us citizen.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Will I be charged when you connect me?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/9/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 5 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Did you enter illegally without a visa?

no but my parents have visas

I'm not sure I understand that. So your parents entered legally and overstayed but they brought you illegally?

they did

But that doesn't make sense. If they used their visas legally to enter and you were there at the time with them, how did you get through? Or did they enter legally and sent for you and someone brought you illegally?

When my parents were fixing there papers I was supposed 2 be in the terms with them but something happened & I was left out of the proccess

Ok. But the bot***** *****ne is, were you or were you not inspected by an immigration officer when you entered the U.S.? If not, how did you get in? You crossed the frontera?

My parents told me that they told the immigration agent that I was my brothers daughter but in reality I was his sister
I was brought in illegally but i was just a child
they told me that they pretended that I was my brothers daughter.

But still, you had to have a U.S. Passport if they were trying to pass you off as a U.S. Citizen. Did they use your brother's daughter's U.S. birth certificate or something?

they did so will that affect me trying to fix my residence?

Well, then you are between a rock and a hard place. First, IF you can prove that you were inspected by an immigration officer, even though it was a fraud entry, then you could apply for Adjustment of Status without having to leave the U.S. However, as I said, first you have to be able to prove it, but, you would also risk the status of your parents even if they are now U.S. Citizens. They could lose it all for having committed that fraud in the past and not disclosing it to get their green cards and later U.S. Citizenship. So if you are not willing to put them at risk, then you will have to do the process as if you entered without inspection. Around what date did you enter the U.S.? And did you have an I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification filed for you or under which you were named on or before April 30, 2001?

Ok but I want 2 know if I would have 2 leave the us 2 fix my status & how long would that take?

Around what date did you enter the U.S.? And did you have an I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification filed for you or under which you were named on or before April 30, 2001?

I work now legally but I was able 2 get a good job through the Daca program but now that the new president canceled it im afraid of loosing my job that I've worked so hard 4?
I entered the us in the early 90's

And did you have an I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification filed for you or under which you were named on or before April 30, 2001?

No thanks Im fine txting online

Ok, but I ask again, did you have an I-130, I-140 or Labor Certification filed for you or under which you were named on or before April 30, 2001?

Im not sure
Im not sure what's a labor certificate?

That an employer wanted to hire you or one of your parents to get a green card and they had to do a Labor Certificate first. This is to prove that there were no U.S. workers available for the job that was offered.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Do you have additional questions for me? Please let me know. Thank you!