Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am filling n-565 to get new certificate of naturalization.

I need help with section...
I am filling n-565 to get new certificate of naturalization. I need help with section 2.A of the form. I have written the following reason in the 2.A: "I lost the certificate in Milwaukee WI in Jan 2011. I sent the original certificate with US passport application and never received it back".
I am not 100% if this is how I lost the certificate, but this is what I can recall as best of my knowledge. Do you see any concern with the statement I am making in the form?
1/9/2018
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello and welcome back. Please remember to use FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box so that no one else grabs the question and I can become your personal immigration consultant.

Who did you send the original to and why?

I sent it with US passport application. It required original certificate as proof of citizenship.

And you got the passport but you never got the certificate back?

If that is your best recollection, then do not worry, send it like that. It should be ok. I would add if you can, "To the best of my recollection..." Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Thank you for the positive rating. If you would like to request me in the future for a different topic, please remember to put FOR GUILLERMO in the subject line and message box. Good luck to you!