Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Im in the USA on an H2A visa the visa expired 12/31/2017 Im…

Customer Question
Hi Im in the...

Hi Im in the USA on an H2A visa the visa expired 12/31/2017 Im in the prosess of getting another work on a farm am i now illegal in the country?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I had an interview with my potential employee on friday but i believe there is a 30 day grace period to find employment

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i havnt im trying this now as I dont want to be in the country illelgaly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know if there is a 30 day grace period on the h2a visa

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 7 months ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

It's not the visa that determines your stay. The visa is only for entry. When did your stay expire? How long have you been on H-2A status?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

When did your stay expire? How long have you been on H-2A status?