Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I am having a question regarding Immigration i.e., as

Customer Question
Hello Sir/Madam, This is Customer. I...
Hello Sir/Madam,
This is Customer. I am having a question regarding Immigration i.e., as following below;My mother got a Visiting Visa through my Cousin(My mother's brother's Son or my Uncle's Son) when he had a Graduation Ceremony.After this my mom went back to her country after 6 months.Again after 3 months she came back to U.S.A., but this time she got 2 months visa and after few weeks she applied for visa extension. By this end of the month here visa extension is going to end but still here visa extension status is in pending status.What if she goes back to her country by this month can she come back for visiting U.S.A after 6 months. If No then within how many months she can visit.I have a question regarding this,
what if she applies for a "Work Permit".
Now, Does my cousin gets any Queries or any problem during his "H1B" or I140 Approval.
If he does not have any problem,
What about my mom if she can apply to "Work Permit" then does she has to go back to India after a certain years of approval of her work permit or Not.
Does she can come again just for visiting purpose or not.
If yes then there is any issue for my Cousin.
If No can she can apply through my end requested visa.Overall apart of above, Is there any problem to Me when I attained for H1b further by doing these either my mom apply's for her work permit or if she goes now coming back from her country after certain months.Please Please, Help me with all these questions by answering or bothering each and every. Hope there would a great response.Thank you,
Customer.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/8/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 3 months ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Okay, sure I would be waiting.

BELOW ARE YOUR ANSWERS:

What if she goes back to her country by this month can she come back for visiting U.S.A after 6 months. If No then within how many months she can visit.

If her extension is APPROVED then yes, she should be able to visit again in 6 months. If her extension is denied, she may not be allowed in when she tries to come back.

Your mother needs a basis to apply for a work permit. IT does not sound like she has one. There is no way to just apply so easy. She would need an employer to sponsor her visa like an H1B and that is very complicated. First, there are no more H1B visas until April 1 2018 so she would have to wait to apply until then. She cannot wait in the US illegally until April. So there is no way for her to get a work permit.

If he does not have any problem, What about my mom if she can apply to "Work Permit" then does she has to go back to India after a certain years of approval of her work permit or Not. Please read above. She cannot apply.

What about my mom if she can apply to "Work Permit" then does she has to go back to India after a certain years of approval of her work permit or Not. Please read above. She cannot apply for work permit.
Does she can come again just for visiting purpose or not. If yes then there is any issue for my Cousin. If No can she can apply through my end requested visa. Since she cannot apply, there is no problem for your cousin.

Overall apart of above, Is there any problem to Me when I attained for H1b further by doing these either my mom apply's for her work permit or if she goes now coming back from her country after certain months.

Again, she cannot get a work permit. There is no problem for you if she is going to visit again later after being out many months.
Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

I have an other question regarding,
she is not appling any H1B visas
But if possible she is trying to get any sponsor like a "help keeper" as any GC or citizen family needs.
so any issues if she do this to me or my cousin

But if possible she is trying to get any sponsor like a "help keeper" as any GC or citizen family needs.- UNFORTUNATELY NO, THIS DOES NOT EXIST EITHER. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS LEGALLY TO GET HER A WORK PERMIT.

please last questions: Here the case status it says as below,
{Case Was Received....... we received your Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number *****, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the address.}........which mean mom's status not yet updated, so she can stay until it receives or says to completely done.Then she can go back to here country and till then she is legal. Once if it says or shows the complete status.
(or)
she has to go once after 6 months from when she was applied.Finally, She can stay here untill it receives a final notice.And in between this time what if my Dad is comes to visit, is there is any issue to my dad or me.so, mom is legal we have no issues. If not then we may have query to me right?

She cannot stay longer than 6 months after her I-94 expired and she applied. Even if the case status, does not change, she should NOT STAY LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS.

Your dad should not have issues as long as your mom leaves by the 6 months.

I hope this helps you and please kindly remember to leave a RATE with the STARS.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney