Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I had my citizenship interview completed and they did not…

I had my citizenship interview...
I had my citizenship interview completed and they did not make a decision since they are waiting for a file to adjudicate my citizenship. My finger printing was completed on January 9th 2017. I saw in USCIS website that finger prints are valid only for 15 months. If that is the case, if my Citizenship application is not adjudicated before April 9th, do I need to go for finger printing again? Will they run the background check one more time?I am worried because if this happens then there will be a delay.Please clarify
1/7/2018
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is***** & I will be the immigration attorney helping you today. I'm reviewing your question and will be with you in a few minutes.

Yes, if it takes longer than April 9th in your case, you could be asked to redo your fingerprints to be approved.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you.

Please kindly click "Finish by RATING" and choose a rating from the STARS ★★★★★. The question will NOT finish or close after you click and rate me. DON'T WORRY. It will stay OPEN after you rate me and I can continue to answer your follow up questions at no additional charge, if you have any.

The stars are very important. If you don't RATE , I receive zero credit for my time with you. Hopefully you can rate me 3 stars or more. 5 stars rating is the best!

Again, if you have additional follow up questions for me, please ask and I will be happy to clarify. Your satisfaction is my #1 goal.

Any bonus you feel I earned is always very appreciated. For any NEW questions you have in the future that you would like only me to answer, you can begin the new post with the words "FOR JEN."

Thanks for your response. Will they do the background check again after taking the finger prints again?

Yes, if they take your fingerprints again, they will run another background check.

The following paragraph I took it from USCIS. Could you please review it and clarify.Particularly the following one.A definitive FBI name check response of “NR” (No Record) or “PR” (Positive Response) is valid for the duration of the application for which they were conducted. Definitive responses used to support other applications are valid for 15 months from the FBI process date.FBI Name ChecksThe FBI conducts “name checks” on all naturalization applicants, and disseminates the information contained in the FBI’s files to USCIS in response to the name check requests. The FBI’s National Name Check Program (NNCP) includes a search against the FBI’s Universal Index (UNI), which contains personnel, administrative, applicant, and criminal files compiled for law enforcement purposes. The FBI disseminates the information contained in the FBI’s files to USCIS in response to the name check requests.The FBI name check must be completed and cleared before an applicant for naturalization is scheduled for his or her naturalization interview. A definitive FBI name check response of “NR” (No Record) or “PR” (Positive Response) is valid for the duration of the application for which they were conducted. Definitive responses used to support other applications are valid for 15 months from the FBI process date. A new name check is required in cases where the final adjudication and naturalization have not occurred within that timeframe or the name check was processed incorrectly.

What is your question about the paragraph?

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Shall we have a call now? Please send the call offer

Please send your phone number in the private box.

I forgot to clarify this one. If the name check is valid for the duration of the application then why they need to run the background check again? Please clarify
------------------
A definitive FBI name check response of “NR” (No Record) or “PR” (Positive Response) is valid for the duration of the application for which they were conducted.
-----------------------

It is valid for 15 months. Most applications are adjudicated in 15 months.

The paragraph says duration and does not day 15 months. Does it mean name check is valid until the application is adjudicated?

Yes for the N-400 it should last until a decision is made.

Thanks for patiently answering my questions. If that is the case, it will be only finger prints and there wont be any background check after 15 months, correct?

Yes.

Thanks.

You're welcome.