Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My husband citizenship application was denied in July of…

Customer Question
My husband citizenship application...

My husband citizenship application was denied in July of 2016. The letter states it was denied for not having enough time in the US and giving false testimony under oath. Did not meet requirements for good moral character. He is now doing another application but I am very concerned. Not much has changed since he was denied the last time. I am worried this time they will take away his residency. I was told he needed to wait 5 years before he could apply again.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

He submitted another N 400

Lawyer's Assistant: Has your husband talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?

He said he did but if he did I am positive he did not explain everything to the lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This will be his 3rd application Each application has different information...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Welcome to JustAnswer! I have 34 years experience as an immigration attorney and I am here to help resolve your immigration issue. Tackling these issues can sometimes get confusing. Should you need to chat on the phone or document review, I am able to do that for an additional cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested.

You have cause for concern that his immigration case might be re-opened and his status revoked for giving false testimony under oath when applying for his naturalization.

I would like to kow more about what you mean each of his N-400s has different information and what did he lie about?

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. I appreciate this opportunity to help you. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating. If you are very satisfied with my answer please take a moment to click on the 5 stars at the top of the page. The question thread remains open and you can ask follow-up questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The first application was done by a immigration attorney. He was denied for not enough time in the US. The second one my husband did on his own but the information he put on the application was not the same as the first one. Trips outside the US, my birthdate, etc... Now the one he just did now, same issue. Other than not having enough time in the US the letter says he gave false testimony. He has a different date of birth on his birth certificate. He had a daughter outside of our marriage and her birth certificate he put he was not married (which was when we got his residency). Also we were going to get divorced in 2006 but never followed through with it. Immigration questioned that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Actually he has 2 daughters outside of our marriage. We do not live together, he lives on the East Coast I live on the West Coast.

This is so intensely complex.

1. Why in the world on something so important would he not have gotten a copy of the first N-400 to refer to when completing #2? He needs a good reason for not doing that and making an innocent error.

2. Why would he not have your correct birth date, again needs a good reason for innocent error?

3. "He has a different date of birth on his birth certificate. He had a daughter outside of our marriage and her birth certificate he put he was not married (which was when we got his residency)"

I don't understand this. Was it his or your DOB that was wrong on the or he gave wrong DOB for himself and you? So confused here.

Again, why did he lie about his marital status? What was his good reason?

4. Did he file in 2006 based on the marriage and the 3 year rule while you were separated?

Kidoth

Ely, Counselor at Law