Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

How can a Haitian National acquire a U.S.Tourist Visa that…

Customer Question
How can a Haitian...

How can a Haitian National acquire a U.S.Tourist Visa that will allow him/her to travel to other countries via the U.S.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Twenty-eight year male Citizen of Haiti. Currently have no applications pending. However, I have in the past been refused 4 times by the U.S. Embassy in Haiti for a Tourist Visa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I have not spoken with a lawyer,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, while I would like the privilege of a U.S.Tourist to visit from time to time, I would also like to transit to other foreign destinations like Bermuda for example.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Immigration Law
1/7/2018
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

The C-1 Transit visa is such a visa, but you would have a similar problem getting that one. Why? Because they are afraid that any visa that you would be given would risk you using it to stay in the U.S. illegally and try to build a better life. The issue is your life in Haiti. Do you have an amazing life there that you would not abandon? Do you have a great job for a long time that has a higher than average salary? Do you own property or a business not easily sold? Do you have a spouse and/or minor children that would be staying behind? What do you have to convince a visa officer that you would go back?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

What strong ties do you have to Haiti?

Ely, Counselor at Law